Best Garden Tractor Reviews & Buying Guide
Are you looking for the best garden tractor?
If you’ve got a lot of heavy-duty garden work, garden tractors prove to be an excellent investment. Compared to lawn tractors, garden tractors are made for heavier tasks that require more power, and they can take a lot of abuse!
In this article, we will go through the top 5 garden tractors available to buy on the market and compare their features to help you make the best decision.
Craftsman T225 46-Inch Gas Powered Riding Lawn Mower
Husqvarna YTH24V48 Yard Tractor
Ryobi Riding Lawn Mower RY48111
Husqvarna YTA24V48 Tractor Mower
Troy-Bilt Riding Lawn Mower with 547cc Engine Tractor
Top 5 Garden Tractor Reviewed: The 2020 Update
There are a lot of garden tractors available to buy on the market. However, not all of them are of high-quality.
Since garden tractors aren’t easy on your pocket, it is advisable to buy the best one you can so that it lasts a long time and is worth the money you spend on it.
Let’s take a look at the top five garden tractors available on the market.
1. Craftsman T225 46-Inch Gas Powered Riding Lawn Mower
When it comes to high-quality machines, Craftsman is a brand that has an excellent reputation on the market. The T225 gas-powered garden tractor comes with a 19 horsepower Briggs and Stratton Engine which makes it top of the class.
Manufactured in Martin, Tennessee, the garden tractor offers you a comfortable yet powerful ride.
- The ready to start technology featured on this tractor provides a quick start which is extremely efficient
- Features a 42-inch cutting deck for well-manicured grass
- Comes with underside cleaning that saves time and is extremely efficient
- The high-backed seat is cushioned for a comfortable ride
- The foot hydro transmission makes things extremely efficient
- 19 HP Briggs and Stratton engine is powerful for large yards
2. Husqvarna YTH24V48 Yard Tractor
If you want quality results with premium performance, the Husqvarna YTH24V48 is the garden tractor to go with. The tractor comes with a 24 HP Briggs and Stratton V-Twin engine and offers a smooth yet comfortable ride.
Not just that, the tractor also comes with premium features like cruise control that you won’t find elsewhere.
- Comes with a 48-inch cutting width that makes things extremely efficient--especially if you have a large yard
- The Hydrostatic Pedal Transmission is extremely fast where it counts and the tractor also comes with cruise control
- Features Electric Blade Engagement which makes things convenient
- Compact in size, the tractor doesn’t need a lot of room when it comes to storage
- The fender-mounted cutting height adjustment will add to your convenience
3. Ryobi Riding Lawn Mower RY48111
If you have a green thumb and wish to go greener, the Ryobi RY48111 Riding Garden tractor is the best suited for you. This tractor features a 100 Ah battery and three brushless motors that provide superior power and excellent performance.
The tractor offers 2.5 hours of run-time and can mow up to 2.5 acres per cycle.
- The 2-Blade Deck and 12 Position Manual Deck Adjustment featured on the tractor provide a clean and level cut
- Is extremely silent in operation and emits only 70dB, ensuring that it won’t disturb people nearby
- Features cruise control for maximum comfort and even comes with a USB phone charger
- Offers up to 2.5 hours of run-time per charge, which is excellent
4. Husqvarna YTA24V48 Tractor Mower
The Husqvarna YTA24V48 is one of the best heavy-duty garden tractors available to choose from. It offers maintenance free-operation owing to its FAST auto transmission.
In addition to that, it also comes with a choke-less start so, all you have to do is to turn the key and get going!
- The reinforced cutting deck ensures top-notch performance when it comes to cutting the grass
- The blade engagement is electric which makes things high efficient
- Choke-less start is another added advantage
- Turning radius of 16 inches allows you to navigate around obstacles and mow in tighter spaces
- Features an adjustable seat and armrests for convenience
- The automatic transmission features cruise control
5. Troy-Bilt Riding Lawn Mower with 547cc Engine Tractor
With a seven-speed transmission and a 17.5 horsepower Briggs and Stratton Engine, the Troy-Bilt Pony Riding Lawn Mower Tractor is one of the best garden tractors for backyard.
The tractor comes with a 42-inch steel deck that has dual blades for added efficiency.
- Features a 13-gauge steel StepThru™ frame to ensure strength and stability
- Comes with 5-position Deck Height Adjustment to help you get the best trim
- The 7-speed Shift-on-the-Go transmission allows fast and easy speed adjustment
- The automatic headlights improve visibility and add to the convenience of use
- Comes with a 2-year limited warranty
Everyone has different needs. In this section, we will go through some things you can consider so that you make the best choice according to your specific needs.
The Size of Your Yard
The bigger your yard, the bigger the lawnmower needs to be. An excellent garden tractor will cover your entire yard and do all the heavy work that’s needed in a short amount of time.
If your yard is filled with a lot of blocks, like shrubs and trees, it is a good idea to go with something with a smaller turning radius. For such jobs, Husqvarna provides excellent tractors that feature cutting widths from 77 cms.
The Type of Lawn Tractor
The size of your garden can also help you determine the type of tractor that you’ll need. For larger gardens, a bigger deck will help you get the precise cut. It is essential to choose the right garden tractor to ensure that it meets all of your gardening needs.
Garden Tractor Accessories
Garden tractors come with various additional accessories which include things like front mount, Dump Cart, including tow-behind, Tractor Rotary Cutter, Box Blade, Rotary Tillers, now evacuation, etc. Choose a tractor that offers the accessories you may need.
Getting a tractor that comes with an accessory to collect the grass clippings can also help you speed up the clipping process. Grass clippings make excellent fertilizer so, if you’re into gardening, it can prove to be useful.
Your budget is one of the biggest things to consider when purchasing a garden tractor. You get exactly what you pay for. However, there are some brands that offer a high-quality product with fancy features at a bargain price.
If you’re looking to purchase from a reputable brand, you have to spend a bit more dollars. However, do keep in mind that more expensive doesn’t always mean better quality. Do your research before getting something, or you may regret it later.
If you mow your lawn in dimly lit conditions, you can go for a garden tractor that comes with headlights. Several tractors come with LED lights that are bright and don’t consume too much power.
The final cost of the tractor depends on the amount of money you’re willing to shell out.
High-quality garden tractors come with various accessories that help you customize it according to your needs.
Did we help you find the best garden tractor for yourself?
According to our experts, the Craftsman T225 is the highest rated garden tractor, followed by the Husqvarna YTH24V48 Yard Tractor. These can help you get a precise cut while helping you remain within budget.
If you’re looking for something on the greener side with excellent features, the Ryobi RY48111 will be the right choice for you.
Do you have any questions? Let us know in the comments, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.